43971Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Developers on multiple projects

  • George Dinwiddie
    Jan 4, 2010
      bmwpapa wrote:
      > I'm still not clear about release burndown tracking of individual
      > projects, though. Elizabeth, when you wrote "release burndown
      > charts" below, did you really mean "sprint burndown charts"?
      >
      > Elizabeth wrote:
      >> You're still tracking the amount of work remaining for each project
      >> in your release burndown charts, no change there.
      >
      > My question was regarding RELEASE burndowns, not SPRINT burndowns.
      > In this scenario, you're suggesting ONE backlog with stories across
      > ALL projects, so this agile "uber" project is tracking multiple
      > project releases as a single release, right? How does one track a
      > release burndown of stories that pertain to INDIVIDUAL projects?

      The team can have a sprint burndown for the work they commit to finish
      during the sprint. Each project can have a release burndown (or burnup,
      which is my preference) for work required for the release.

      I prefer using a burnup for this, as the scope of a release can be
      flexible. See
      http://idiacomputing.com/pub/BetterSoftware-BurnCharts.pdf for more on this.

      - George