43865Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Confusion about Scrum

  • Peter Stevens (calendar)
    Jan 1, 2010
      On 01.01.10 07:59, Saloon12yrd wrote:

      I see your desire to keep your intellectual property yours and I also agree with you that it is important to have one (!) formal definition of what Scrum is.

      ,_._,___

      That's actually a very interesting question (IMHO): whose intellectual property is Scrum? Ken & Jeff created Scrum. If you want to certify ScrumMasters (with the (r) applied), you must be a ScrumAlliance Certified Scrum Trainer.  If you want to use Scrum, you don't need any blessing at all.

      I would have thought that in founding the Scrum Alliance, that was also passing the guardianship of Scrum to the Alliance. Was that no so?

      Best wishes for the New Year, everyone!

      Peter(S)

      --
      Peter Stevens, CSM, CSPO, CSP