43597Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Resarch on Globally distributed Scrum

    Dec 26, 2009
      Hello, jamesjhawkins. On Thursday, December 24, 2009, at 10:29:36
      AM, you wrote:

      > It's commercially damaging to Agile to say that it can only be
      > adopted when the team is all in one place. It's also untrue, in my opinion.

      I don't think anyone says Agile can /only/ be adopted with
      collocation: most of us know of counterexamples.

      However, an attempt at Agile is /much/ more likely to founder when
      done distributed, because human communication is such a critical
      aspect of Agile.

      I would expect that blessing distributed Agile adoption would result
      in disproportionately more failures and that it would be more
      damaging than telling people the truth, which is that their chances
      are much better if they work collocated.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Curiosity is more powerful than skepticism.
    • Show all 64 messages in this topic