    To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
    From: malcolm.b.anderson@...
    Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 21:18:33 -0600
    Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Resarch on Globelly distributed Scrum

    On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Roy Morien <roymorien@hotmail. com> wrote:

    there is the implication that all good things come from consultants and practitioners,  who by their very nature are a fount of wisdom and useful stuff, all of them!

    Not intended.  I vividly remember "CASE Tools", nuff said.

    But, having said all that, I do agree that many academics just do not get it ... but probably a lesser proportion of that population than consultants and practitioners who just do not get it either.

    I really think my biggest issue with Academia is what (I think) it is teaching non-developers.   From what I understand, the waterfall (with out the jumping salmon feedback loops), is still being taught to business majors.  Business majors who will be CEOs 40 years from now.  This is why I believe that we need to be focusing our message more on the owners of businesses than on developers and mid level managers.

    Malcolm

    Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK
  • Show all 64 messages in this topic