    To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
    From: amanda@...
    Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:27:24 -0800
    Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Career path

    Because some career paths you picked when you were 20 turn out to be dead ends a few years later due to changing market conditions. Be the mammal, not the dinosaur.

    Just saying.

    On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@gmail. com> wrote:
    < rant >

    Why do people insist that "career advancement" involves changing
    roles? If you like what you are doing keep doing it and get better at
    it. If you don't like what you are doing do something else. DO NOT
    take people who are good at something and force them to do something
    else so that they can make more money. Unless it is actually your goal
    to build a culture of incompetence (Which appears to be the case at
    most corporations. )

    < / rant >

    Head to the Daily Blob on Windows Live For more of what happens online
  • Show all 11 messages in this topic