42Unexpected Visibility

  • Ken Schwaber
    Jul 11, 2000
      I usually start Scrum implementation with daily Scrum meetings ...
      providing some visibility into what everyone's doing.

      We have held three days of daily scrums, and only one person has
      shown up. Tracking down the "why", everyone is too busy with other
      things. Between the pressure to meet dates, last minute requests,
      and defects to be fixed, everyone is too busy.

      When I said that Scrum provided great visibility, this is far more
      than I expected. So I'm starting working this, person by person.

      Ken Schwaber