41775Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint timebox violation

    Oct 8, 2009
      Hello, Inanc. On Thursday, October 8, 2009, at 1:56:50 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Team is consisting of 3 people (except SM and PO). Actually, story is so small:

      > "As an advertiser, I want you to stop delivering my campaign as
      > soon as my campaign budget is depleted"

      > Technical tasks of this story is: to write business logic and
      > persistence logic, unit+integration+uat testing and deploying it to our pre-release server.

      > I think, if the team is small and splitting stories further makes
      > them look like 'tasks', then sprint's duration better be longer.
      > Or, this could be an indication of low motivation, absent of
      > technical abilities and/or working ineffectively. What do you think?

      Split stories should look like small stories, not tasks. The most
      likely cause of splits that look like tasks is that they don't know
      that they should, and they don't know how.

      First story split out here might be "Given a depleted campaign, do
      not deliver it". This should come down to two things to do: business
      logic consisting of about one if statement, and hand creation of a
      depleted campaign. If it takes more than a half day, I'd like to
      know why.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      The truth ain't like puppies, a bunch of 'em runnin' around
      and you pick your favorite. --Emerson Codd
    • Show all 46 messages in this topic