41674Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Technical quality advocator

    Oct 2, 2009
      Hello, Inanc. On Friday, October 2, 2009, at 2:54:16 AM, you

      > I asked this to the team, and they said: "delivering something
      > which business puts a very high value is most important". They
      > say, in a future time after the pressure decreases (which i think
      > will never happen), they say they would be more quality-driven.

      What does your Product Owner think? In particular, does your Product
      Owner care:

      - Whether the software works?
      - Whether future progress can be made as rapidly as today?

      > They don't see the stories as a chance to improve their
      > architectures. Rather, when a story can be accomplished by doing a
      > work-around solution in the system, they do that so. So, they're
      > increasing their defect rates consciously.

      Defects increasing? How does the Product Owner feel about this?

      > Also, the team is trying to learn new knowledge about the
      > technologies which they seem are valuable. This increases the
      > re-work rate because they're doing something wrong at the 1st, 2nd
      > time, and then they're thinking to re-write those parts from the
      > begin again. They're mostly doing minor refactorings (like
      > changing variable/method names etc), not doing something like
      > evolving the architecture step by step.

      There's clearly waste here. I wonder why they are doing that. I
      wonder what makes them think what they are doing is best.

      Ron Jeffries
      The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.
      -- John Maxwell
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic