41612Agile Team Skills Workshop

    Sep 28, 2009
      Agile Team Skills Workshop

      Things in the skills development area have changed in some
      interesting ways. We have room for a few more people who want to
      contribute to our proposed session in Ann Arbor.

      The workshop schedule has been changed owing to changes in the
      environment. It will be held for three days, Tuesday October 13
      through Thursday October 15, in Ann Arbor. There is no charge for
      the workshop, and you're on your own for travel and housing.

      As this will be a workshop, it isn't possible to predict exactly
      what will happen. Our purposes include, but are not limited to:

      Gain a deeper understanding of the dimensions of skill required of
      team members on Agile projects;

      Elaborate and/or modify the "Seven Pillars" idea to define a
      framework for team member education for Agile projects.

      Discuss and consider recommendations to Scrum Alliance, Agile
      Alliance, and the universe at large regarding team member
      education for Agile projects.

      Discuss and consider group and individual actions regarding the
      scrum.org and related developments. Decide how we should speak to
      this issue, and where, so as to guide the community in the best
      possible direction.

      Discuss and/or demonstrate specific training examples or course

      We can accommodate up to perhaps 20 people, so if you would like to
      attend, and can make a firm commitment, please write an email to
      Chet’s training address, training@.... We’ll have
      light continental breakfast and snacks, we’ll be on our own for
      lunch, and travel and accommodations are up to you. We have arranged
      for discounted rooms: we’ll let you know when you sign up.

      Ron Jeffries
      New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
      the humiliating question arises, "Why then are you not taking part in
      them?" -- H. G. Wells