41090Re: [scrumdevelopment] Running tested features

  • thierry henrio
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hello Mikael,
      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM, hmikael@... <hmikael@...> wrote:
      Hi

      Listening to Dan Rawsthorne's session about "Agile Metrics" he mentions Running tested features. I am trying to get my head around this. Are you guys using this today? How are these tests setup and how do you prevent developers from creating small, no-adequate tests just to boost this figure?

      Where you will get is highly related to your 'definition of done', as Ron said
      If there is in it an acceptance test that Customer/PO has agreed on, then, you shall not deliver feature if it is not ok
      And then, you can use number of features or points per iteration as Petri said

      If not, then, you will have more important metrics to consider : number of defects, incomplete functionality and patch

      If yes, you can even choose to automate them, and have metrics such as 'we have 1234 automated acceptance tests that run in 123 s, that brings us 90% of our code coverage' ... This rocks, doesn't it ?

      Well ... it depends on how much you have to spend to get there (google 'rainsberger scam', no offence or conflict meant)
      Indeed, a thing that has been working for me is 'have 3C' then 'try demo, TDD, try demo, TDD ...' until demo is good

      Cheers, Thierry

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic