41082Re: {Disarmed} [scrumdevelopment] Running tested features

  • petriheiramo
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hi,

      > We intent to use Unit Tests with Code Coverage tools (for example Emma, Cobertura) to guarantee at least that the team developed tests enough to validate the feature, it means, unit tests that are covering more than 80% of the source code developed.

      That's a good goal, and does indicate something. But the only way to really see (that I know of) how "working" some feature is, is to calculate the reported errors in the released code. The aim is to get as close to zero as possible for each iteration release.

      Obviously, that only measures in hindsight and only really works if you can have fast enough a feedback cycle. So then we come back to things like coverage mentioned above, test pass rate (should be 100%), test run rate (also 100%), and such.

      Yours Sincerely,

      Petri

      ---
      Petri Heiramo
      Process Development Manager, Agile Coach (CST)
      Digia Plc., Finland
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic