41056Re: [scrumdevelopment] What is the credit for an unfinished user story?

    Sep 1, 2009
      Hello, Doug. On Tuesday, September 1, 2009, at 2:05:18 PM, you
      wrote:

      > When faced with this situation, due to unresolved impediments
      > etc., we re-estimated points for the remaining stories. The
      > difference was the credit for the previous sprint.

      > While a "game", it does provide a sense of progress for the team.
      > In addition, it maintains some degree of rationality for calculating velocity.

      I prefer a sense of necessity to get things /done/ to a sense of
      progress. I prefer to calculate velocity based on things that are
      /done/, not on things that are not done.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Adapt, improvise, overcome.
      --Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway (Heartbreak Ridge)
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic