40457Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum applied to marketing?

  • Mark Balabanian
    Aug 6, 2009
      Hi Wes,

      I'm also interested in Scrum applied to other business functions and
      industries.  I would expect that Scrum aligns best with project-based
      and client-services work, where requirements change within some
      semi-predictable or manageable pattern.   Legal, design, management
      consulting, PR and other agency businesses come to mind as likely
      candidates for a return on Scrum.  Within marketing, there are areas
      like branding, where the expertise of the practitioner is often more
      important than the process. Scrum might be more applicable to the
      empirical areas of marketing, like direct response.

      Thanks for raising this question, I look forward to further discussion.

      Regards,

      Mark

      COO
      Acunote - Online Scrum Software