4007Tasks no longer than 16 hours

  • Joel
    Jul 29, 2004
      I guess that I need reminding about the rules or to tap into some
      practical experiences. Large tasks with lower priority get onto the
      Product Backlog with large chunks of estimated time, right? The
      term "place holders" comes to mind.
      When, and who breaks down these into small tasks and does everyone
      stick with the 16 hour maximum rule?
      Is this the job of the team during Sprint Planning Phase 2, without
      the Product Owner?
      I am preparing for the training and first sprint of a new project
      team. They will have 24 people on the team, working from multiple
      locations, the breakdown into sub-teams will be done during the
      Sprint Planning meeting. They will be coming together for the
      initial training and the Sprint Planning Meeting. It seems
      cumbersome to be doing the breakdown in a room with 24 people in it,
      and a lot of 16 hour tasks to be created.
      How have others done this?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic