39924Re: Exchanging stories within the sprint...

  • Petri Heiramo
    Jul 17 12:19 AM
      > > 100%, but the team must still accept that change. And they have
      > > the right to say no, which then means that the product backlog is
      > > changed, or that the PO must make other prioritizations so that
      > > the story fits in the sprint (like removing other lower priority stories off the sprint).
      >
      > Yes. My point is that the PM isn't supposed to go around the PO.

      Exactly, that is very important.

      > Agreed that the team accepts the change or not. In fact, canonical
      > Scrum said that no changes were allowed at all, if I correctly
      > understood it.

      It could be phrased that way, but Scrum does say that if it impossible for the team to make the commitment, they can initiate discussion to rescope the sprint with the PO.

      Now that is a different case as this one, but a precedent has been made. As long as the team's authority is respected, I don't see why the team couldn't collaborate with the PO. Obviously, this is an area where the Team and SM must tread carefully, and make sure the PO (and possibly the PM, too) understands the procedure correctly.

      Yours, Petri

      ---
      Petri Heiramo
      Process Development Manager, Agile Coach (CST)
      Digia Plc., Finland
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic