39828Re: kanban korrection

  • Petri Heiramo
    Jul 14, 2009
      Interesting comments, Victor,

      > I would like to add here that common sense is very different from using a
      > good reasoning.
      > Common sense depends a lot more on culture than reasoning and good
      > thinking.

      Good reasoning is also dependent on culture and background. For some, the _logical_ ("I mean, it's not reasonable to expect me to give you a quote on what it will cost if you can't be more specific than that!") way to buy software is waterfall...

      Anyway, you're right in that "common sense" is defined by each person, and it's usually used to demean something "stupid" someone else does. :)

      > In many aspects I think, today, common sense is actually the enemy of an
      > empirical control method.

      There may be conditioning in the picture, too.

      Petri Heiramo
      Process Development Manager, Agile Coach (CST)
      Digia Plc., Finland
    • Show all 63 messages in this topic