39437Re: Scrum Teams Finishing Most Work in Last Third of Sprint: PROBLEM or NO??

  • francisco.mardones
    Jun 30, 2009
      I wouldn't be alarmed.. is probably due task's interdependency.

      Also, is part of human nature...as pressure increase, people tend to get focused and productive...that's why I guess we have short sprints: to gently pressure the team with a deadline.

      ::Francisco
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "redbull1214" <james_k_lee@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I am facilitating 3 scrum teams (4 at one point in time before I consolidated 2 into 1).
      >
      > I've noticed that most of the teams here have a propensity to finish "most" of their tasks (like 60%) in the last third of the sprint.
      >
      > After more than 7+ sprints for each team, they are averaging 82-87% completion % overall.. The teams are on an upward trend in terms of story points completed (maybe 5-10% growth per iteration) and scoring/ estimates are becoming more standardized (that is, team members more readily agree on each other's estimates with LESS conversation during the planning meeting),..
      >
      > From a facilitator perspective, should I be alarmed about this?
      >
      > If so, what are some of the mechanisms you like to use to keep the burndown on a more even pace throughout the sprint cycle??
      >
      > Please advise.
      >

      > James ;)

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic