39424Re: [scrumdevelopment] Extending a Sprint

  • Jacob Ozolins
    Jun 29, 2009
      My suggestion is that you lavishly pay your developers for overtime.

      Buy a case of red bull, keep the pizza delivery company on speed dial, provide sleeping bags for the office, and have a turbo session for the last few days of the sprint. You can get away with 20 hour work days, if your team is willing.

      Make sure they're willing due to incentives.

      Just my opinion...

      On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

      allisonweiss wrote:
      > I promised a team member I would submit his question (limited yahoo
      > group access here):
      > We have an upcoming release date and our sprint ends several days
      > before the release. Is it OK for us as a team to agree during
      > planning to extent this sprint several days to allow a few extra high
      > value stories to make it into the release? The only other
      > alternative would be to have these stories wait 1 month for the next
      > release date. Which is more valuable in the SCRUM process the
      > software delivered to production or maintaining sprint durations at
      > fixed 2 week intervals?

      You've gotten some good suggestions. Here's one more:

      Do your normal 2-week sprint. Then do the additional stories for the
      release in a pure "pull" process, with only one story in progress at a
      time. I suspect you'll maximize the amount of work that's done-done in
      that way.

      - George