39324Re: [scrumdevelopment] taking meeting notes on Scrum of Scrums

  • Ilja Preuß
    Jun 22, 2009
      In our SoS, the attendees take notes for their teams, and use them when reporting back. After all, they should be in a better position to decide which information is relevant for their team.

      The Scrum Master taking notes and distributing them sounds like a potential impediment to self-organization to me. I'd also fear that it takes away focus from his facilitation role.

      2009/6/18 joel.feldman <jfeldman@...>

      Assuming we continue with this, I am thinking about suggesting that instead of the scrum master taking notes, have round table participants enter their updates into a shared Google spreadsheet before each scrum (offloads scrum master, has team members have more ownership).

      Yes, the ownership issue feels very important to me. I'm sure there are a myriad of other solutions that do it, for example simply having one of the other attendees taking the notes and distributing them.

      Cheers, Ilja
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic