38318Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Best Practices on Defect Management

  • Spent Lenny
    May 4, 2009
      Well, if it is a blocker and can not be worked on, why can't you tell the truth? The application teams will have to find something to work on until your team can take on the blocker tasks. Another option may be to have the infrastructure teams start working on 1 week iterations. Try doing some creative brainstorming.

      From: Brent Walker <brent.walker@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 4, 2009 2:53:55 PM
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Best Practices on Defect Management

      These items are known at the beginning of the sprint. My infrastructure team plans for items they know such as items already in our backlog but as application teams begin to exercise previously accepted infrastructure stories, they find defects due to the increase utilization of that piece of infrastructure. This now becomes a blocker on the Application team. My question is, "Do I know tell them, um Sorry but we did not plan for this so it will have to wait till our next iteration!". It is a blocker and will certainly now come up in our Scrum of Scrums.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, "ron jeffries" <ronjeffries@ ...> wrote:

      > Why wouldn't your Product Owner decide what to fix and schedule the fixes as part of the Sprint?Ronald E Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming. com
      > Sent from Web Mail ... something must be very wrong.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic