38294Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum User Group Closes

    May 2, 2009
      Hello, Beckfordp. On Saturday, May 2, 2009, at 4:13:02 PM, you
      wrote:

      > If this is so, why not just publish the letter so we can all
      > decide for ourselves? On this forum would be a good place to
      > start. I've followed the discussion and haven't found a reference
      > to the actual letter in question anywhere.

      It was published.

      > As for Kens contribution, I agree that he is entitled to his own
      > personal opinion on events, but as a representative of the SA he
      > would have been well advised just to have made a public apology
      > and left it at that.

      I'm sure he's grateful for your opinion, and for your assumption of
      good motivation from all concerned.

      > At best this is a PR fiasco for the SA. At worst it smells of
      > something pretty horrid.

      Geeze. Did they back over your dog, too?

      > If Microsoft had sent such a letter to a volunteer user group
      > who chose to call themselves "The Orlando Microsoft User Group",
      > we'd be up in arms and rightly so.

      I wouldn't have. I read the letter.

      > I can't see any good reason why the SA would want to trademark
      > any phrase that included the term "User Group".

      > It makes no sense.

      There is a difference between "I can't see", and "it makes no
      sense". So long as we can't see, it may be premature to assign
      whether there is sense.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      For me, XP ain't out there, it's in here. -- Bill Caputo
    • Show all 93 messages in this topic