38294Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum User Group Closes

    May 2, 2009
      Hello, Beckfordp. On Saturday, May 2, 2009, at 4:13:02 PM, you

      > If this is so, why not just publish the letter so we can all
      > decide for ourselves? On this forum would be a good place to
      > start. I've followed the discussion and haven't found a reference
      > to the actual letter in question anywhere.

      It was published.

      > As for Kens contribution, I agree that he is entitled to his own
      > personal opinion on events, but as a representative of the SA he
      > would have been well advised just to have made a public apology
      > and left it at that.

      I'm sure he's grateful for your opinion, and for your assumption of
      good motivation from all concerned.

      > At best this is a PR fiasco for the SA. At worst it smells of
      > something pretty horrid.

      Geeze. Did they back over your dog, too?

      > If Microsoft had sent such a letter to a volunteer user group
      > who chose to call themselves "The Orlando Microsoft User Group",
      > we'd be up in arms and rightly so.

      I wouldn't have. I read the letter.

      > I can't see any good reason why the SA would want to trademark
      > any phrase that included the term "User Group".

      > It makes no sense.

      There is a difference between "I can't see", and "it makes no
      sense". So long as we can't see, it may be premature to assign
      whether there is sense.

      Ron Jeffries
      For me, XP ain't out there, it's in here. -- Bill Caputo
    • Show all 93 messages in this topic