37733Re: [scrumdevelopment] Dedicate Tester in an Agile Team

    Apr 18, 2009
      Hello, Ryan. On Saturday, April 18, 2009, at 7:22:45 AM, you
      wrote:

      > The "end-to-end" testers had deep domain experience and knew how the
      > system should work whereas the agile team testers were younger and
      > generally had more technical skills but lacked deep domain experience
      > (along with many developers).

      > Before adding the "end-to-end" testers, we completely relied on the
      > agile team testers, but got bitten by a few nasty bugs that got
      > shipped. Adding this team, especially because they had deep domain
      > experience, was a big help in improving release quality.

      Were you able to be Done in every Sprint, or did this extra line of
      testers require a separate testing phase?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      In times of stress, I like to turn to the wisdom of my Portuguese waitress,
      who said: "Olá, meu nome é Marisol e eu serei sua garçonete."
      -- after Mark Vaughn, Autoweek.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic