37705Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Dedicate Tester in an Agile Team

  • Adam Sroka
    Apr 16, 2009
      On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM, brian_bofu <brian_bofu@...> wrote:

      > The developers are practising TDD. My question is, is there a need for a
      > tester in the team if we have not had one yet? Can developers who are doing
      > TDD/AT ensure the quality without testers' invlovement?

      People with a background in testing definitely bring something unique
      to the table. At the very least they: a) are familiar with methods and
      tools for testing that aren't strictly related to TDD. b) have spent a
      lot of time thinking about how to break things and where things might
      be likely to break. c) understand how to think about and communicate
      about quality.

      Are these things strictly necessary to do TDD effectively and ensure
      quality? No. Could they help to do it faster/better? Definitely.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic