37436Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Is it possible as a scrumteam to plan in our own stories in the sprint?

    Apr 1, 2009
      Hello, Nicolas. On Wednesday, April 1, 2009, at 1:55:24 PM, you

      > I don't know if it's ok or not, but it happens and that's the main point

      > We (as a team) defined for this current sprint a task called "rename objects
      > in the entity framework model". We did this because we have an architecture
      > team which approves (or not) our code.

      > If the code is not approved, it won't go to prod => PO will never see all
      > the business value

      > ┬┐Should we eliminate this task? ┬┐Should we do it silently consuming hours
      > from other tasks? The PO does not even know it exists and we cannot show it
      > in a demo because is not something visible.

      Seems to me that the PO would notice if the story wasn't done,
      because the feature would never go out. So I think the PO probably
      could and should value the story.

      I'm not sure, though, how to make it able to be demonstrated. Maybe
      someone will think of something.

      Ron Jeffries
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      Knowledge must come through action;
      you can have no test which is not fanciful,
      save by trial. -- Sophocles
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic