      From: Paul Mestrum <paul.mestrum@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 2:44:17 AM
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Is it possible as a scrumteam to plan in our own stories in the sprint?

      I'm the scrummaster of a software engineering team that creates, updates and maintains production software used to generate data-products. We want to work on a better nightly build environment with a lot more QC on the data-products, but the backlog that is maintained by our product owner is bigger than what can be planned in during the next sprints. That's why that our QC-improvement stories are postponed without a real guarantee when we will be able to work on. As a team, we are convinced that the added value after 2 or 3 sprints will be that big that our velocity will increase significantly. Is it possible, as a scrumteam, to plan in our own stories, even if the product owner disagrees?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic