37403Re: [scrumdevelopment] Is it possible as a scrumteam to plan in our own stories in the sprint?

    Apr 1, 2009
      Hello, Paul. On Wednesday, April 1, 2009, at 3:44:17 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Is it possible, as a scrumteam, to plan in our own stories, even
      > if the product owner disagrees?

      Possible, certainly. Consequences don't seem good.

      Can you improve the build incrementally, as part of each story?

      > but the backlog that is maintained by our product owner is bigger
      > than what can be planned in during the next sprints.

      It's supposed to be. It is the sole job of the PO to choose stories
      to get the best product done by the date, at the speed the
      developers can accomplish.

      It is worth noting that higher speed would get more stories done.
      Can you honestly offer higher speed for some investment? How much?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
      the humiliating question arises, "Why then are you not taking part in
      them?" -- H. G. Wells
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic