37059RE: [scrum developmen t] Re: Don ¡Çt Split A Story In to Tasks

  • Roy Morien
    Mar 12, 2009
      It is a statistical impossibility for us all to be above average.

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: jhlittle@...
      Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:43:07 +0000
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Don¡Çt Split A Story Into Tasks

      Hi Ron,

      Thanks for the laugh. No, even with the stock market rally above 7000, I have not lost touch with reality.

      We may all be above average, but I ain't holding my breath for to many teams getting to hyperproductivity. BUT...my main point is that they all should aspire to become hyperproductive.

      If you were teasing me about something else, be more direct. I think I took my "dense" pill today.

      Regards, Joe

      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello, Joseph. On Thursday, March 12, 2009, at 8:19:51 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      > > How do we define an inexperienced team? Why don't we say any
      > > team that is not hyperproductive, meaning any team working at less
      > > than 5x industry average productivity. Not "operational" enough
      > > in your situation? Then any team that is not clearly at least 5x
      > > as productive as the average team in your area. (This relates to
      > > Story Points, not Business Value points, for now. Long, but useful, discussion.)
      >
      > So as soon as all teams are hyper, they have to go back to hours?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming. com
      > www.xprogramming. com/blog
      > Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      > http://hendricksonx p.com/index. php?option= com_eventlist& Itemid=28
      > Replacing an on-site customer with some use cases is about as effective
      > as replacing a hug from your Mom with a friendly note.

      Explore the new Windows Live. Looking for a place to manage all your online stuff?
    • Show all 89 messages in this topic