37042Re: How many chickens is too many?

  • majkic.sensei
    Mar 12, 2009
      I suppose that being honest to all is the best solution. If team is feeling uncomfortable, productivity will go down, and I guess that non-agile managers would understand this language. I would make one meeting for managers, PO and would frankly say: "Developers are feeling uncomfortable with such a big number of chickens on daily scrum. They feel being micromanaged and this ruins agile spirit and agile benefits. This will harm the project." Then I would suggest daily "chicken" meeting (have nothing with Scrum), where PO (or even I as SM) would tell them about status. And of course, I would invite them to Scrum Demo meetings, where they could stay in touch with developers.

      I hope this helps.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "SJPlante" <jasonplante@...> wrote:

      > We've run into a situation where some team members feel that there are too many managers attending the daily scrum, and because of that they feel very uncomfortable giving their status. A typical team will have five or six members and sometimes we'll have four or five managers attend the scrum (they are not allowed to speak). Some managers have their arguments as to why they feel they need to be there, arguments that I totally disagree with. So I'm curious as to what a daily scrum looks like at other companies. Other than product owner, scrum master, and team members, who else shows up to your daily scrum?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jason

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic