      From: Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: A tale of two Scrums
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 7 March, 2009, 11:53 PM

      Hello, Lang. On Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 9:11:51 AM, you wrote:

      > This seems to imply that Scrum and XP are the same. I'm pretty
      > new to Scrum and agile so I'm hoping to improve my understanding.
      > My understanding of Scrum is it's a way to manage agile software
      > development and a wrapper for the engineering practices. XP
      > represents the engineering practices that seem to align best with
      > Scrum but are not prescribed by Scrum.

      XP //includes// engineering practices. It is, however, a full-on
      Agile method whose management wrapper is almost indistinguishable
      from that of Scrum, especially now that Scrummers are adopting more
      aspects from the XP lexicon.

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming. com
      www.xprogramming. com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      http://hendricksonx p.com/index. php?option= com_eventlist& Itemid=28
      What is your dream? And knowing this, what have you
      done to work towards realizing it today? -- Les Brown