36956Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: A tale of two Scrums

    Mar 7, 2009
      Hello, Lang. On Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 9:11:51 AM, you wrote:

      > This seems to imply that Scrum and XP are the same. I'm pretty
      > new to Scrum and agile so I'm hoping to improve my understanding.
      > My understanding of Scrum is it's a way to manage agile software
      > development and a wrapper for the engineering practices. XP
      > represents the engineering practices that seem to align best with
      > Scrum but are not prescribed by Scrum.

      XP //includes// engineering practices. It is, however, a full-on
      Agile method whose management wrapper is almost indistinguishable
      from that of Scrum, especially now that Scrummers are adopting more
      aspects from the XP lexicon.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      What is your dream? And knowing this, what have you
      done to work towards realizing it today? -- Les Brown
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic