36306RE: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?

  • Nikhil Singhal
    Jan 30, 2009

      Great job Mike. Thanks.

      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Cohn
      Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:52 AM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?

      Hi Nikhil--

      We created http://www.userstories.com as a site for vendors to list their product backlog tools _and_ for users of those tools to write reviews and rate their experiences with the tools. All of the tool vendors (big and small) I'm aware of have listed their products there, including screenshots. It would be an excellent starting point for your research.

      Additionally--anyone who has used one of the product backlog tools, please add your review/rating to the site to help others in their decisions.

      Thanks,

      Mike Cohn

        Agile Estimating and Planning

        User Stories Applied

      On Jan 29, 2009, at 9:22 PM, Nikhil Singhal wrote:

      Now that our management is taking the SCRUM concept a little bit more seriously, the biggest roadblock (as I see it) is a good tool on which the executive mgmt can agree for maintaining the product backlog. Some seem to like excel, some like activeCollab and some word.

      Is there a tool which most SCRUM product owners use? On a side note, we do have Microsoft TFS for source control, reporting, etc.

      Thanks for the advice.

      Nikhil

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic