36269RE: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?

  • Nikhil Singhal
    Jan 29, 2009

      Don’t get me wrong!!! These executives are not fighting as such over the tool. We have a ton of ideas for 2009 that need to be prioritized and then executed upon.

      The problem I am seeing is that arriving at a consensus on deciding which is the right order of tackling those priorities is getting difficult. Believe me that these guys have the best in their hearts for the growth of the company but I seeing them struggle in order to find a common way in which to prioritize all the # 1 and # 2 items.

      My reason to ask for a tool recommendation was simple. I am sure that every company with limited dev resources struggles at some point in deciding which projects amongst the 100’s will have the most bang for the buck. How to finalize on that list is the key issue here. Tool is just to make the mundane part of the job easier.

      Being a developer my first thought was on how I can automate (or make it easier) the task of listing the projects, their business value and a rough estimation of time so that a logical priority can emerge.

      Thanks

      Nikhil