36268RE: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?

  • Vikrama Dhiman
    Jan 29, 2009
      It would depend on the product you are building and your corporate environment.

      Here is what I use:

      1. Clear reporting of business metrics through a custom built web based software for Analysis - MOST IMPORTANT
      2. Corporate Email from Google, as this keeps me mobile [their search works like a dream] - and I read each and every email that comes on support
      3. MS-office [Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint]/ Google Docs
      4. Whiteboards for quick discussions and pasting stories for next sprint/ sprint discussion
      5. Google Alerts to keep track of industry trends and coverage
      6. RSS feeds to keep updated from thought leaders in technology and domain
      7. VSS to make textual changes in web application myself
      8. MS-SQL Server querying for ad-hoc analysis
      9. I use Survey Monkey for some surveys sometimes
      10. I am trying to learn Fitnesse too
      11. You also need a tool to give you infinite patience to explain business context again and again :)

      Hope that helps!

      Thanks

      Participate in "Are we Really Agile Survey" - It only takes a minute.

      Vikrama Dhiman
      [Product Manager]
      Please visit my blog at: