36267RE: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?

  • Roy Morien
    Jan 29 9:49 PM
      Don't these executives have any idea about a decision making process, where at first all ideas are put forward, each one is then explained to all interested parties, and then a decision is made and one outcome is converged upon.

      Are these executives so egotistical that they can't give up their favourite tool suggestion, and see the benefits of any other suggestion.

      Anyway, what do they actually want in such a tool? Perhaps you can ask them to list the characteristics of such a tool that they see as necessary. Then you can pick the tool that best meets their requirements.

      HAven't these executives got anything better to do than squabble about this. Why don't they leave it up to you to decide?

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      > To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      > From: basv@...
      > Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:43:53 +0800
      > Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Any recommendations on tools for Product Owner?
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > How can a tool be a roadblock (especially since you didn't selected it
      > yet!)
      >
      > Bas
      >
      > On Jan 30, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Nikhil Singhal wrote:
      >

      > > Now that our management is taking the SCRUM concept a little bit
      > > more seriously, the biggest roadblock (as I see it) is a good tool
      > > on which the executive mgmt can agree for maintaining the product
      > > backlog. Some seem to like excel, some like activeCollab and some
      > > word.
      > >

      > > Is there a tool which most SCRUM product owners use? On a side note,
      > > we do have Microsoft TFS for source control, reporting, etc.
      > >

      > > Thanks for the advice.
      > >
      > > Nikhil

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:scrumdevelopment-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:scrumdevelopment-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Get what you want at ebay. Get rid of those unwanted christmas presents!
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic