36Problems Persist

  • Ken Schwaber
    May 4, 2000
      I've been discussing Scrum with a number of Internet startup's and
      have been surprised. Many of the problems that Scrum solves persist
      and the word on how easy it is to solve them using Scrum seems to be
      narrowly distributed.

      In particular, the problem of engineers thinking that product
      management can't make up their mind, and that product management and
      marketing think engineering can't deliver persists, along with the
      floundering that results in no new releases. The other surprise
      (which I guess shouldn't be) is the lack of awareness that
      management's primary goals are to set a vision and to remove
      obstacles.

      Any ideas on how to get these and Scrum's other concepts out more
      clearly?

      Ken Schwaber
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic