35596Re: [scrumdevelopment] Rotten apple in Scrum team

    Jan 5, 2009
      Hello, Marko. On Monday, January 5, 2009, at 12:37:47 PM, you
      wrote:

      > All guys from the developers' team estimated user story points. PO did
      > the prioritization. Every team member is taking story by his/her own
      > will, considering priorities. All comments, work log etc. is put to
      > JIRA when work on story is done.

      > So I simply sum all story points this guy finished. Trust me, I would
      > know if this guy was helping someone on some other task/story. He
      > didn't. Even more, some of the guys helped him with his stories.

      In Scrum, the //team// commits to the backlog, not individuals
      committing to stories.

      Arguably, there is no such thing as "points this guy finished", but
      only "points the team finished".

      And team members should always be helping each other.

      What does this make you think?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.
      -- John Maxwell
    • Show all 124 messages in this topic