      From: Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...>
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Product Owner overtasked by Scrum?
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 4:49 AM

      On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@ acm.org> wrote:
      > Hello, Adam. On Wednesday, December 31, 2008, at 12:18:05 PM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Well, I think the PO is responsible for "acceptance" . However, it
      >> would be nice if we involved an actual user somewhere... and maybe
      >> someone who knew a thing about testing... This is why, in the XP
      >> community, we stopped talking about "Customer" as a singular entity
      >> and started saying "Whole Team." Quite a while ago, in fact ;-)
      >
      > Customer is a Role. Whole Team is a practice. They aren't
      > interconvertible.

      Customer is a role. "Onsite Customer" /was/ a practice. Whole Team is
      a newer practice which was borrowed from LSD. Once "Whole Team" was
      introduced as a practice we stopped talking about "Onsite Customer" as
      a practice, because "Whole Team" better captured what we were trying
      to say. It's true, nonetheless, that a lot of us used to think of
      "Customer" as an individual representative on the team, and many of us
      don't think of "Customer" that way any more.

      "Product Owner" is much the same. "Product Owner" is an individual on
      the team. The need to represent "Customer" is bigger than that one
      individual, however, and I think that the Product Owner is the final
      gatekeeper of that but the "whole" Scrum Team is responsible.

    • Show all 37 messages in this topic