35476RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum adoption in union environments.

  • Jean Richardson
    Dec 24, 2008

      Please say more about:

      >From a unions point of view Scrum and agile mindsets are perfect,
      because it promotes what any union wants to protect.

      This is the first time I’ve heard this perspective.  How does it promote what any union wants to protect?  The perspective I’ve got so far is that Scrum is a threat to the role protection (grades, classes, steps and so on) that unions organize around.  I’m eager to hear more about what you say above.

      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David H.
      Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:33 AM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum adoption in union environments.

      > Interesting. And was that a full Scrum adoption or a scaled down

      > application of a subset of agile methods?

      I am not quite sure what you mean by that. That company implemented
      Scrum and most of the XP practices for their internal software
      development. This included some lean techniques for the business side
      as well.

      > Do you know whether that company
      > is still using Scrum and how long they have been doing so?

      The company still uses Scrum and has invested a good amount of money
      in furthering adoption.
      Yes they are still using it.

      >From a unions point of view Scrum and agile mindsets are perfect,
      because it promotes what any union wants to protect.

      -d

      benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic