34789Re: Looking for material about using scrum in distributed teams

  • torq9
    Nov 25, 2008
      Hi Michal,

      Great, thanks! I was looking exactly for something like this! For sure
      it will be helpful.
      This is my first time as a SM of a distributed team, and my first
      impression of the state that the previous SM left is not so good.
      Please have a look at:

      Thanks again!

      Rodrigo

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "mislocin"

      http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/4/a/44a2cebd-63fb-4379-898d-9cf24822c6cc/distributed_agile_development_at_microsoft_patterns_and_practices.pdf

      > I would be interested in hearing others opinion on distributed agile
      > development where one team sits in 2 or more different offices &
      > timezones.
      >
      > For example - frequently some or majority of SQA activities are
      > offshored while programming is continued in main office. Did anyone
      > try to apply agile in such environment?
      >
      > Currently I'm part of group trying to apply agile in similar team
      > structure. Since most of us have only theoretical knowledge about
      > agile, for first release my preference would be to work with local
      > team only in order to properly understand and polish our processes and
      > later expand it to broader organization.
      >
      > This makes sense for us since only part of the project will be agile,
      > while majority will continue using classic aproach.
      >
      > Does anyone has experience and valuable comments about implementing
      > distributed agile in similar organization?
      >
      > Michal Slocinski
      >
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "torq9" <rodrigoterra@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Group,
      > >
      > > Can you please point me to some interesting material about using Scrum
      > > with distributed teams (other than Jeff Sutherland's video)?
      > > Any help is deeply appreciated :).
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Rodrigo

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic