34659requirements traceability

  • Jean Richardson
    Nov 19, 2008

      Hi, All!

      I’m in an environment that is currently struggling to wrap it’s mind around moving from waterfall model to a Scrum model.  One of the legacy issues from last year’s waterfall approach to the project I’m currently working on is a customer requirement to provide traceability to requirements in our testing.  We purchased Requisite Pro and ClearQuest several months ago and had planned to implement them to meet that customer need.  However, as we rework our project model at the enterprise level, I’m beginning to wonder about requirements traceability in Scrum.  I’m not finding anything on it.

      How does Scrum address tracing tests to requirements over a, say, 6 to 8-iteration project?

      -- Jean

      Jean Richardson, PMP, CSM, ITIL

      Azure Gate Consulting

      c: 503-788-8998