3463Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: question regarding muliple projects against a small team

  • Maurizio Tripi
    May 13, 2004
      Dear Deborah,
      your individual burndown is what I called the personal sprint backlog &
      burndown graph,
      and was one of the experiments I tried 3 years ago during a project. I
      can't say it is a good
      approach in general. I tried this technique because that team found hard
      to self-organize.
      The team was not as much collaborative as I was willing, their
      estimations were oscillating
      and they didn't reach a good rhythm. Hence I tried to help them with
      the personal sprint backlog.
      I tried to divide the product backlog per person to find the problem but
      things didn't get better.
      I managed the team, organization didn't emerged and in later sprints the
      team was not more
      cohesive and the productivity was "normal". I think I missed the point:
      a lack of values can't be
      avoided introducing new practices, this led to a sort of control that
      hindered collaboration.

      I think the team should collaborate as it was one single organism. To
      show the difference between
      productivity (or other metrics) don't help the team to be more cohesive.
      They know what is going on. We, as ScrumMasters, should help them to
      work better and not to
      show them they don't do it, (imho). This is the hard part of the Scrum
      method, the tacit knowledge that
      Ken cannot to teach us at the certification classes or in his books.

      What do you think about it?