3417Re: SCRUM & Change / Defect Management

  • Deb
    May 4, 2004
      Agreed. For many of us, time reporting is mandated - usually not for
      the functioning of the team itself, but for management.

      I'm of two minds as to whether it's a bad thing to record time spent
      and time remaining in the same tool...

      In Scrum, I work hard to convince developers that I REALLY REALLY
      mean it, when I say "upate your estimates to reflect *real* time
      remaining". They have trouble believing that I DO want them to
      increase estimates when needed. One thing I'm always saying (to get
      them to lose the old habit of under-estimating) is "I don't care
      about your actuals". I never come back to them about actuals, and
      eventually they believe me...

      If I ask them to put "time spent" into the same tool as "time
      remaining", it /looks/ like I might be tracking their actuals vs
      estimates... will this make them hedge on the "time remaining"
      figures?

      And on the other hand, it's more convenient than having to open 2
      tools...
      ???

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Beedle" <beedlem@e...>
      wrote:
      > Sometimes keeping actuals is not a "choice", is a mandatory:
      >
      > mb
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic