3400Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: SCRUM & Change / Defect Management

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    May 3, 2004
      w6rabbit wrote:
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Rainsberger"
      > <jbrains@r...> wrote:
      >
      >>w6rabbit wrote:

      <snip />
      > This is exactly my point.
      > I only want them to re-estimate how much
      > time is remaining and not get caught up
      > in "how much time did I spend on this."
      > But that does not appear, to me, to be
      > how XPlanner works.

      I understand a bit better now. XPlanner expects you to track time spent
      rather than time remaining?

      > For something that I took to be specifically
      > tailored for XP, that seemed very odd to me.
      > I assume I'm misunderstanding something.

      I would venture over to the extremeprogramming list and ask them about
      it. They have experience with XPlanner that I don't have.

      >>>I can imagine requiring each to re-estimate
      >>>the units left on a task, but it's hard to
      >>>imagine getting them to track their time
      >>>daily without a fight.
      >>
      >>At the end of the day, they look at the two or three tasks they're
      >>working on (this is an advanced practice, by the way -- one things
      > at a
      >>time is best) and estimate how much they have left to do, then
      > update
      >>that information. You have to fight them to do this? It takes less
      > than
      >>one minute per task.
      >
      > No. They are fine with this. It was
      > XPlanner that I was confused on.

      Hm. Is there any way to hack XPlanner in the meantime to get it to work
      the way you (and I) would expect it to work?

      Good luck.

      (And people wonder why I stick with index cards and a wiki.)
      --
      J. B. Rainsberger,
      Diaspar Software Services