33853Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Technical user stories

    Oct 27, 2008
      Hello, Robert. On Sunday, October 26, 2008, at 12:04:07 PM, you
      wrote:

      > What would I like to call them?
      > I think the easiest generic answer is "stakeholders", and it would be
      > helpful to be specific where we can.
      > For example:

      > As the end-user, I want...
      > As the marketing manager, I want...
      > As the account auditor, I want...
      > As the safety engineer, I want...

      > How does that sound?

      Mentioning those people works fine for me. An issue with
      "stakeholder" and with this might be that the "product owner" or
      equivalent speaks for these people. The team generally does not try
      to serve multiple masters, tho it does try to provide software that
      will suit multiple stakeholders ... as guided by the PO's decisions.

      > I think the original poster wanted to make sure the new system was going to
      > talk to some existing piece of infrastructure. I think they could identify
      > who wants that, and why.

      Yes. I think it is quite important to do so.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Hold on to your dream. --ELO
    • Show all 66 messages in this topic