33847Re: [scrumdevelopment] What about this? I'm already dodging for cover !

    Oct 27, 2008
      Hello, Angela. On Monday, October 27, 2008, at 4:37:43 PM, you
      wrote:

      > As much as we all get tired of seeing people doing strange things and calling it Scrum -

      > I think the Scrum community already sometimes has an elitist feel
      > to it from a newcomers point of view.  I wouldn't want to scare
      > more people off by making it more so.  I understand it is in the
      > works to have a more rigorous certification standard for CSM, and
      > that is great.  But everyone has to start somewhere.

      > Why not welcome anyone who wants to learn more, even if they
      > haven't a clue to start?  People don't know what they don't
      > know--why punish them for that fact?

      I don't see how punishment got into the equation here. Why call them
      "Certified ScrumMaster" if they can't answer a reasonable number of
      questions about what it is to be one?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      We accomplish what we understand. If we are to accomplish something
      together, we need to understand it together.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic