3347RE: [AM] FW: [scrumdevelopment] Anyone familiar with RSS feeds?

  • Deborah Hartmann
    Apr 22, 2004
      Some general info on RSS, for those wondering about this thread:
      (I'm not an expert, just an information collector at this point :-)

      Some of you may know Micheal Herman of Chicago. I believe he facilitated the
      OpenSpace portions of XP-Agile Universe the last two years. He recommends
      RSS as a way to add "push" to Wikis. Michael uses a free news aggregator
      client (http://www.ourpla.net/cgi/pikie?RssReaders) to keep up with all the
      RSS feeds he subscribes to, including Blogs, Wikis, Sites, and Yahoo Groups
      (Note: yahoo group's archive has to be public.) You can even use BlogLines
      to keep track of email accounts! all in one place!

      Ex: you can add scrumdevelopment yahoo group to your reader by subscribing
      to this url:
      Also, there's this one that is very germane to this particular thread:
      This latter includes a post about an online course in May on RSS.

      Doing your own research?
      Michael's blog on RSS is at: (search for RSS on the page...)
      follow the link to the Christian Science Monitor page, he says its a great
      resource on RSS.

      Another page all about RSS:

      I wish all the wikis I use were RSS-ready - I wouldn't miss great
      collaboration opportunities because I forget to troll in Recent Changes.