32804Story Structure ?

  • david.hicks_radtac
    Sep 24, 2008
      I'm well aware of the structured format of a Story along these lines

      As a [ROLE]
      I want [REQUIREMENT]
      So that [BENEFIT]

      and the alternative unstructured text format of a Story, but has
      anyone any experience of a better way of writing stories for
      individual components of a very large piece of low level software like
      an Operating System?

      I am facing circumstances where it is not practicable to have every
      Story cut vertically through the system from top to bottom to deliver
      a complete slice of user/customer value. This is because the
      development teams are organised along module and component-lines.

      Given this, the choice either seems to be to use an API/other
      system/sub-system interface as the [ROLE] or to use an unstructured
      Story format. Neither of these seem like very good solutions, so I
      wonder if anyone has come across a better alternative?

      Any help much appreciated :-)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic