327RE: [XP] Scrum and XP

  • Lowell Lindstrom
    May 13, 2002
      I can't seem to find a substantial difference between the XP Planning Game
      and Scrum. There are subtle differences, but if the team is adapting their
      work as they proceed, I can't see why I starting with one versus the other
      would have make any difference in the outcome of the project.

      I can see how Scrum would be a way to move towards XP in a "non-XP-friendly"
      environment or simply a way to be Agile, if I not using XP programming
      practices.

      If I am in an "XP-friendly" environment, I would not want to complicate
      things by introducing Scrum terminology for project management, which is
      largely redundant to the Planning Game.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic