32251Re: Retrospective instructions?

  • James S. Fosdick, PMP, CSP
    Sep 4, 2008
      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Yes. I have some dear friends who used SAMOLO and loved it. I was
      > not as impressed as they were. For reasons such as you're referring
      > to, and others, it seemed to me that important things just couldn't
      > be brought up.

      It seems to me this has less to do with clever mnemonics or
      retrospective techniques (which are certainly useful tools) and more
      to do with the fact that retrospection is not equivalent to
      introspection either individually or collectively. A tendency towards
      superficial examination of past history without a requisite amount of
      serious introspection cannot have a significant impact on future
      development. As with all things Scrum related, teams will get out of a
      retrospective whatever they put in. The trick for the ScrumMaster or
      coach is to inspire them to be more introspective individually and as
      a group. I don't think there is a mnemonic or prescriptive technique
      that provides that.
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic