32204Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum outside of software development

    Sep 3, 2008
      Hello, Xavier. On Wednesday, September 3, 2008, at 9:56:37 AM, you
      wrote:

      > I have a follow-up question: what's the Scrum Alliance's stance (and of this
      > list) on using Scrum for non-IT work? Is is something we want to
      > specifically encourage? Or are we more neutral about it?

      Historically, I'm a software product guy. I'd use it for that.

      > What is the scope of Scrum? Is it meant to be a software development
      > framework only, or should it grow to encompass as much of the world of work
      > as it can?

      Works pretty well for other kinds of work. But I'm not sure about
      "should". It's a style of working, not a moral imperative, in my
      opinion.

      A long range weather forecast should be obtained before leaving,
      as weather conditions are extremely unpredictable. --Natal Daily News
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic